Sailing – or boating – is at the very core of Gordon’s Bay Yacht Club and we have sailing events at least twice a month throughout the year.
Spectators are welcome and race days are always quite festive. If you’re keen on joining as a crew member, be sure to keep an eye on our regular Newsflash – or pitch at the race briefing.
The preferred day for racing is Sunday—Saturdays are included as backups in case of adverse weather. The Sailing Sub-Committee will communicate any changes in date ahead of time.
Start times are dependent on tide. Briefings will be held at the back of the Club (near the Galley service entrance and Bertie’s Ward Room).
Participating skippers must attend the briefing.
VHF Channel 71 will be used for all events.
All participating yachts with an LOA > 9m must have a valid COF.
Yachts with LOA < 9m taking part in cruising events do not require a COF certificate (in accordance with SAMSA regulations), but must adhere to COF Category C standards at a minimum.
Click here to download the 2021 calendar.
- All Comers Trophy: On handicap, 9 races, 2 discards
- Autumn Series Trophy: On handicap, 6 races, 2 discards
- Winter Series Trophy: On handicap, 6 races, 2 discards
- Medium Distance Series: On handicap, 3 races, no discards. Winner on handicap of Race 3 is awarded the Seal Island Trophy
- Ladies Helm Trophy: On handicap, 6 races, 2 discards
- Double-handed Trophy: On handicap, 6 races, 2 discards
- Single-handed Trophy: On handicap, 4 races, no discards
- Whittle Rock Trophy: Stand-alone race, winner on handicap
If you have any comments or queries, feel free to contact the Sailing Officer, Barry Ross.