OPENING CRUISE – FINAL REMINDER
DATE & TIME
The opening cruise is on SATURDAY 13 FEBRUARY. It’s from 14:00 in the afternoon
Ideally vessels should leave the harbour from 14:00 and gather outside the harbour. When the horn blasts at 14:55, one of the NSRI vessels will lead the procession from the harbour mouth towards Bikini Beach. The Commodore will be anchored off Bikini Beach and the idea is to sail past – as close as you can to spray him. This is not compulsory – you can drink your bubbly (the Club is providing a bottle per boat)!!
We need to gather between the two harbours (ours and Harbour Island) – to make space for all the vessels and bearing in mind that we’re hoping to build up some momentum for the yachts. Those of you with power boats will have a bit more control!!
Once you’ve sailed past the Commodore, you can anchor off Bikini Beach, go for a sail or head back to the harbour. It’s pretty much a free for all.
We’re closing the Galley at 15:00 as we’re braai-ing or ‘picnic-ing’ all afternoon and into the evening.
If you’re looking for a pre-prepared snack, we have a picnic basket on offer:
Cheese Basket For Two (R225 for members/R250 for non-members)
Camembert, Blue Cheese, White Cheddar, Hummus, Fruit, Sweet and spicy nuts, Pickled ginger, Tomato chutney and Crackers
This will be ready pre-sail or you can have it on your return. Please book your seating if you’re eating at the club.
We have braai packs on sale comprising sirloin steak, a chicken kebab, wors and two salads (1 green and 1 potato) at a cost of R100 per head for members and R125 per head for non-members.
Your choices are as follows:
- You can buy your braai pack, take it with you and braai on your vessel. There are a number of people planning on anchoring off Bikini Beach (highly recommended), or
- You can braai back at the Club.
Option 1 will be ready by 12:30 and will be handed over as you head to your vessel.
Option 2 requires that you book your food AND your seats in the braai area or Clubhouse (on a first come, first served basis).
We have to manage numbers to align with COVID restrictions.
If you need a hand with braaiing, Vusi will be happy to assist.
Please email the club to arrange participation and also to arrange your food. All we need to know is:
- What you’d like to eat
- How many of you are eating, and
- Whether you’re eating on your vessel or back at the Club (bearing in mind numbers are limited).
- ‘Passengers’ are welcome! Barry will assign you to a vessel
- Photos would definitely appreciated – as many as you’re willing to share throughout the day. If anyone is happy to bring their camera and be ‘official’ photographer and we’ll arrange a spot on a vessel, and
- All members welcome to ‘spectate’ from the rooftop or the harbour wall and enjoy in the braai and picnic options.